Thursday, May 26, 2011

F.E.A.R : Forget Everything and RUN!!

You know its funny that FEAR takes over when you're at the closest point of making a break through, crossing a threshold or opening a door to a new opportunity.

Just recently, while preparing for a speech to speak about my new handbag company KOMI Bags, I fell victim to FEAR. I knew my speech would be in front of about 100+ people (not alot right), and I knew my product inside out, and I also spoke in front of large audience before BUT, the FEAR settled in and ALMOST crippled me! My stomach cramped, I got dry mouth, I shivered, I was a complete mess (psychologically). Then, I began to prepare by re-running my speech in my head, this technique only proved to be disastrous because I almost forgot what I was going to talk about...Geeeezz

Finally after a few announcements and other speakers, it was my turn to SPEAK! 
and WOW, just as the first word left my mouth - the FEAR left my body!!!
 It's truly amazing how I became so afraid of not doing well and being unsuccessful that I ALMOST talked myself out of doing the Speech in the beginning... BUT what I realized is that you can't let the FEAR of the unknown  keep you from following your dreams!! If we 'JUST DO IT' (in the words of Nike) then we will be soo busy Just Doing It that it will be no time to worry about what would happen when it's time for us to Do something! It took me some time to realize that the psychological roller coaster I've been on was an unnecessary series of events. I must say, I'm glad I pushed through the FEAR and JUST DID IT!

Now, I challenge myself to embrace every opportunity(even if the outcome is unknown) head on! Not to let FEAR consume but to use that F.E.A.R to Forget Everything AND Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment